Get to know us
Children learn best when they’re excited and engaged in the learning process. When there’s joy in what they’re doing, children love to learn. We offer every child the chance to achieve their full potential by giving them foundations for the future.
Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow
We believe that a fun, engaging and enthusiastic approach to learning, founded on Christian principles, provides wonderful potential for growth in the areas of academics, physical development, faith and social skills.
Our goal is to equip every child with the skills they need to reach their full potential. Each child is respected as an individual and encouraged to progress at their own rate.
We use age appropriate methods to grow your child by:
- encouraging enthusiasm for learning through exploration and hands-on experiences. Teaching academic skills associated with colour, shape, number and letter recognition. The Jolly Phonics System is used to help establish a strong foundation in literacy.
- encouraging physical development by providing a wide range of activities to develop vital fine and gross motor skills.
- developing Christian faith and values. We aim to instill into every child the confidence that they are a unique creation of a good and loving God.
We use a variety of opportunities to develop your child by:
- utilizing puppets, storytelling, drama, dance, music, art, craft and other play activities to communicate Biblical principles. Chapel is held on Friday mornings and parents are welcome to attend.
- helping acquire and practice the important social skills of sharing, respect and consideration of others. This includes learning how to relate appropriately to adults other than parents.
When we talk about ‘curriculum’ we mean all the interactions, experiences, activities, routines and events, planned and unplanned, that occur in an environment designed to encourage children’s learning and development.
The Day Care curriculum is based on the Early Years Learning Framework used in Australia which identifies five learning outcomes for children from birth to five years old.
Ready to take the next step?
What Parents Are Saying
Just to let you know that our son has been a different child since going to COC Day Care. He is getting out of bed earlier and looks forward to each day. It has made all our lives better.
We thank God for your Day Care. It is a big blessing to our family.
Our daughter loves your Day Care. Thank you for having such a great impact on her life.
We cannot thank you enough for every thing you have done for our son.
Our son loves coming to Day Care. He learns so many new things and tells us about his day on the car ride home.
We really appreciate the balance between a sense of fun and clear boundaries for our three children. They all love Day Care.
Both girls have come so far since starting with you. They love everything about it. They love their teachers and have wonderful friends.